Hubungan ASI Eksklusif dengan Kegemukan pada Remaja Putri di SMA Boyolali

NAFIAH, RINATUN (2017) Hubungan ASI Eksklusif dengan Kegemukan pada Remaja Putri di SMA Boyolali. Other thesis, Universitas Sebelas Maret.

[img] PDF - Published Version
Download (85Kb)

    Abstract

    Background: Obesity is one of the double burdens of health problems in Indonesia. It is due to multifactor causes, and one of which is breast milk consumption. Exclusive breastfeeding during the first four-months of life has an obesity impact on adolescence. The objective of this research was to investigate the correlation between the exclusive breastfeeding and the obesity in the female adolescents at Senior Secondary Schools of Boyolali. Method: This research used the observational analytical method with the cross-sectional approach. Its samples were determined through the purposive sampling technique. Its subjects were the female students of State Senior Secondary School of Boyolali and State Senior Secondary School 3 of Boyolali who experienced obesity. They consisted of 35. The instruments to collect of the data of the research were standardized questionnaire and 24-hour food recall form. The subjects were interviewed in relation to exclusive breastfeeding, genetic history, nutrition intake, physical activities, sleeping habit, lifestyle and habits, mothers’ educational backgrounds, mothers’ occupations, and stress. In addition to investigating the quantity of nutrition intake, the 24-hour food recall was also done to measure the volume of food consumption. The collected data were coded and statistically analyzed by using the Chi Square Test aided with the computer program of SPSS 16.0 and then followed up with the odd ratio (OR) analysis at the significance level of 95%. Result: Of 35 subjects of the research, 28 (80%) did not receive the exclusive breast milk, but the rest 7 (20%) received breast milk. 10 (64.3%) of the former did not have obesity, but the rest 18 (64.3%) had obesity. The result of the Chi square Test shows that there was a significant correlation between the breast milk consumption and the obesity in the female adolescents as indicated by the p-value = 0.032 (p<0.05) and the OR = 10.8 (1.134-102.850). Other factors contributing to the obesity based on the statistical test among others were nutrition intake with p=0.00, lifestyle p=0.19, genetic history with p=0.728, physical activities with p = 0.982, sleeping habits with p = 1.0, mothers’ educational backgrounds with p = 0.279, occupations with p = 0.132, and stress with OR = 3.321. Conclusion: There was a significant correlation of the exclusive breastfeeding, nutrition intake, lifestyle, and stress to the obesity, but there was not any correlation of the genetic history, physical activities, sleeping habits, mothers’ educational backgrounds, mothers’ occupations to the obesity Keywords: Obesity, Exclusive breast milk, female adolescents

    Item Type: Thesis (Other)
    Subjects: R Medicine > RA Public aspects of medicine > RA0421 Public health. Hygiene. Preventive Medicine
    Divisions: Fakultas Kedokteran
    Fakultas Kedokteran > D4 - Kebidanan
    Depositing User: Luthfi Syam
    Date Deposited: 03 Apr 2017 12:05
    Last Modified: 03 Apr 2017 12:05
    URI: https://eprints.uns.ac.id/id/eprint/33049

    Actions (login required)

    View Item